Removal from the Indiana Sex Offender Registry
If your information is or will be appearing on Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry (ISVOR), you should be notified about it—and you may have the right to file a complaint about it. The Logansport criminal defense attorneys at Leeman Law can help you:
- Determine if you may qualify for removal from the ISVOR
- Take every step necessary to position your case for success
Backed by more than 40 years of experience, our Logansport defense lawyers have the expertise and skills you can rely when it’s time to navigate the intricacies of Indiana criminal justice system. Whether a sex crime case threatens the possibility of having to register as a sex offender or it’s time to seek removal, we are here for you, ready to provide essential answers and exceptional advocacy.
Call 574-319-7257 for important advice regarding your rights and legal options.
Do I Qualify for Removal from the Indiana Sex Offender Registry?
A specific set of conditions must apply in order to be eligible to seek removal or exclusion from the Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry. These conditions include either of the following:
- An Indiana law enforcement agency has notified you that some change in the Registry will directly impact you and that previous protests have been denied.
- It has been more than 30 days since you have received any update regarding a request to alter, exclude, or remove your information from the Registry.
When either of these conditions applies, you may qualify to file a complaint to change or remove your information from the ISVOR IF the information is incorrect, incomplete, or erroneously included.
With these protests and follow-up appeals, it’s crucial to understand that:
- There are strict procedures and deadlines that must be followed: These requests must be submitted in writing, signed by the person seeking to alter, exclude, or remove their information from the Registry. Additionally, they must be submitted within 7 days after the 30-day period of no response from an Indiana law enforcement agency.
- Making a mistake could compromise a protest or appeal for removal: Given that you may only have one chance to file a protest or appeal, working with an experienced attorney can be pivotal to setting your case up for the best resolution possible.
A Logansport Sex Crimes Defense Lawyer Is Ready to Help You: Contact Leeman Law
If you need to change or remove information from the Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry, it’s time to contact Leeman Law. Our Logansport criminal defense lawyers can explain the process, advocate your rights, and help you at every step moving forward.
Call 574-319-7257 for the answers and advice you need to protect your rights and set your case up for success.
Known for our record of success, our Logansport defense attorneys are the allies you can trust for strategic representation and the highest quality service.
From offices based in Logansport, IN, Leeman Law provides exceptional defense representation in and around Cass County, Indiana, including in Fulton County, Miami County, White County, Pulaski County, Carroll County, Howard County, Stark County, Tippecanoe County, and Wabash County.