Logansport Prostitution Defense Attorney
Prostitution and solicitation allegations can have lasting, irreversible impacts even for first-time offenders facing misdemeanor charges. Beyond imprisonment and fines, convictions for prostitution charges can ruin reputations, careers, and families.
At Leeman Law, our Logansport prostitution defense attorneys know how serious these sex crime charges are, and we know that:
- Good people can make mistakes or be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- There can be several options for effectively fighting prostitution and solicitation charges in Indiana.
- The right defense can make all the difference in the strength and outcome of these cases.
That’s why our experienced sex crimes defense team is dedicated to vigorously protecting the rights of the accused while helping them fight for the best outcome possible.
Call 574-319-7257 for important answers and advice regarding your best defense options.
What you know about your charges now may only be the tip of the iceberg. Let us help you understand the big picture so you can take the right steps to defend yourself against prostitution charges in Indiana.
Prostitution Charges & Penalties in Indiana
Indiana law defines prostitution as the illegal act of knowingly offering or performing a sexual act in exchange for money or property. In general, prostitution charges in Indiana are filed as:
- A Class A misdemeanor when the accused has one or no prior convictions: These misdemeanor prostitution charges can be punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment and up to $5,000 in fines.
- A Level 6 felony when the accused has at least two prior prostitution convictions: These felony prostitution charges can be punishable by 6 months to 2.5 years imprisonment and up to $10,000 in fines.
Solicitation Charges & Penalties in Indiana
Soliciting or patronizing a prostitute is defined by Indiana law as the unlawful act of knowingly offering to pay or paying another person for a sex act. Like prostitution, the charges and potential penalties for solicitation vary according the accused individual’s criminal record, with:
- Class A misdemeanor charges being filed when the accused has fewer than two priors
- Level 6 felony charges applying when the accused has at least two prior convictions
If, however, the accused person has knowingly patronized a victim of human trafficking, Level 5 felony charges can be filed. These charges can be punishable by up to 6 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
Charges & Penalties for Promoting Prostitution in Indiana
Far more serious than prostitution and solicitation charges, promoting prostitution in Indiana is generally associated with felony-level charges. Also referred to as “pimping,” promoting prostitution is defined as the act of knowingly:
- Procuring a prostitute
- Coercing someone into prostitution
- Operating an establishment used for prostitution
- Sending someone to an establishment used for prostitution
- Receiving money earned through prostitution
While pimping is generally a Level 5 felony in Indiana, the charges and associated penalties can be far harsher when human trafficking and/or minors are associated with a given case.
Protect Your Rights & Craft a Strong Defense: Contact a Logansport Prostitution Defense Lawyer at Leeman Law
If you or a loved one has been accused of prostitution, solicitation, or pimping in Indiana, it’s time to contact a Logansport sex crimes defense attorney at Leeman Law. Backed by more than four decades of criminal defense experience, we have the expertise, skills, and resources to effectively fight all sorts of prostitution charges while helping the accused successfully navigate the criminal justice system.
Call 574-319-7257 for the answers and advice you need to protect your rights and set your defense case up for success.
The sooner you contact Leeman Law, the sooner our Logansport prostitution defense attorneys can start protecting your rights and working to build you a strong defense case.
From offices based in Logansport, IN, Leeman Law provides exceptional sex crimes defense representation in and around Cass County, Indiana, including in Fulton County, Miami County, White County, Pulaski County, Carroll County, Howard County, Stark County, Tippecanoe County, and Wabash County.